CalPERS open enrollment is set to begin
Be on the look out! CalPERS is beginning to send mailers this month explaining to members how to make changes to their health plans online. Open Enrollment information will be available online on Aug. 22, but members may only make changes, additions, and deletions via their my|CalPERS account at my.calpers.ca.gov during Open Enrollment from Sept. 12 to Oct. 7.
CalPERS members who used to receive their health materials in the mail will now need to go online to see their customized Health Plan Statements and read about and process their Open Enrollment forms unless they notified CalPERS by July 1 that they wanted to continue receiving the materials in the mail.
Open Enrollment information will be available online on Aug. 22, but members may only make changes, additions, and deletions via their my|CalPERS account at my.calpers.ca.gov during Open Enrollment from Sept. 12 to Oct. 7.
The mailer is marked, “Open Immediately: Time Sensitive Information Enclosed” to catch members’ attention.
It provides step-by-step instructions on how to set up a my|CalPERS account for members who do not already have one:
1. Go to my.calpers.ca.gov
2. On the Pre-Log In page, select Participant and Continue.
3. Select Register Now.
4. Accept the terms and conditions under the Security Agreement.
5. Identify yourself by providing your name, date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security number or your CalPERS Identification number.
6. Answer a set of questions about your CalPERS account to verify your identity.
7. Create a Username and Password, and enter your email address.
8. Choose a personal security image and message.
9. Choose your security questions and answers. It’s important to choose questions and answers you will remember.
10. Log in to my|CalPERS
Although the July 1 deadline to notify CalPERS if you want to continue receiving health materials in the mail has passed, CalPERS agreed to continue accepting opt-in requests at the urging of CSR and other retiree groups. However, requests for mailed materials made after July 1 will not be processed until 2017.
CalPERS can be notified of opt-in requests for mailed information on the website – www.calpers.ca.gov, personal contact at a CalPERS office or by calling (888) 225-7377.
You need to login to comment.